Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back On Line!!!

Sorry I have been gone so long! With the house redo we had to disconnect our satallite cables for a while, so I haven't been able to upload pictures or work at all in the house! But I finally have a little work space back and we have extensions running out to the living room now..so finally back to making some Purdy cool stuff!
Look my dream came true, a PINK HOUSE!!


Just kidding! If you ever choose to remodel an old house, be prepared for all kinds of surprises. False walls and ceilings, bizarre or non existant insulation, no square corners...but Kevin Wolf and Sons, the contractor we are working with, are doing an amazing job despite the crappy weather. The porch won't go on for a while yet, but you can see the shape of the new addition. The master bedroom is the room to the left.

This is my little bit of space I reclaimed. I have been sculpting in the basement and painting upstairs since the basement is too cold and dusty since we redid the floor due to flooding a year ago. But this dining room was the only entry way into the addition once the walls went up. We had to empty it for them to bring materials in to turn the corner into the new addition. They have everything in place now and the drywall is being finished, so I finally got my table back up last week. All my new bathroom fixtures and lights are still in here, but its better than nothing. Now its time to catch up!

Here is what the studio look like from the outside. That window is five feet tall and I have an amazing view of my horses in the pasture, my dream is almost here!


The studio isn't lit up yet, but its 200 sq feet, complete with a spot special to take pictures in!


This was the old laudry room and the entry into the studio. I decided to move the laundry downstairs so I wouldn't have to squeeze past it to go through the door. Once we took the washer dryer out, we found that it was a false wall behind them! So we opened it up and I know have a 50 sq foot prep room that will have its own work skin and storage!
I am finishing up some orders the next few weeks, then stay tuned for some amazing pieces that I will show this spring and can be purchased and taken to NAN 2011!
Tomorrow new baby pictures, the girls are getting weaned, should be fun.......hope the fences hold

















5 comments:

Danielle Feldman said...

So excited for you. Can't wait to see what your new space inspires. :)

Unknown said...

you are so lucky! my whole place is only 400 sq feet! 2x as big as your new studio will be! sigh..someday I WILL have a studio! I figure if I keep saying it enough it might come true! lol....I just figured Id have one by the time I was 50.. im 51... sigh. but hey! it looks nice though! make sure to post lots of photos! I cant wait to see how its all going to be designed inside!
Rebecca Turner
www.solticeartstudio.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!

dizzijoi said...

"Little pink houses for you and me..." Looks like what I have been living in for 16 YEARS. Hubby doesn't believe in rushing it :(. My living room is a lovely shade called yellow insulation batts. But it is better than the pink and yellow under plastic dotted with years of dead flies in my bathroom! Thank goodness we finished that room but for woodwork two years ago, LOL.

Tiffany Purdy said...

I am getting so excited! as soon as my room is bright enough I plan to start photographing the new pieces in there before its even done, I can't wait!