Friday, March 16, 2012

Lumi's Graduation

I haven't had a chance to post much the past couple of weeks dues to a totally unforeseen yet wonderful event. Out of the blue I got an email and a phone call that someone was interested in my cremello Morgan stallion, Amberfields Luminesence. If you remember, I almost sold Lumi a couple of years ago due to a horrible family situation, but that calmed down and I was able to keep him (and to keep Todd happy, I sold pretty much everyone else). Sue Olson, of Rafter Bar D Morgans, is on the left. What so great is that she said she was surfing the net for cremello morgans, found this blog, and the next thing she was looking at was a decapitated model horse! She thought the cremello morgan part was a mistake, but found the model horses were so interesting that she kept reading, and found posts about Lumi.

I was thinking about how next year, when JJ, the part arabian cremello son on Lumi was two, what was I going to do with two stallions, but Lumi is so easy going I wasn't too worried about it. What weird is that a few weeks prior to Sue's call, I was in Wisconsin talking about the colt and how I might sell Lumi next year.....so I was convinced that Sue knew someone in the hobby. Turns out, its was simply fate. It is always hard to let such a kind horse go, regardless of color or being a stallion, Lumi is just a great horse that everyone loves to visit and pet. But now he will be standing at their farm breeding high quality, purebred colorful morgans and I am so proud of him! Check out their website at www.rafterbardmorgans.com
The only challenge, selling a cremello horse in early spring in Illinois. Thankfully we have had warm weather and I can start bathing Lumi, but honestly, he is part hog and really, really likes dirt. Yes, thats a leopard print halter....

I want Lumi to be ready to work when he leaves in a couple of weeks, and Sue rides western, so I dug out the one western saddle I have......guess what color it is????
Giggle, it could be worse, it could be pink leopard! He is such a wonderful stallion, I haven't saddle him in months, and he has only worn by little all purpose saddle, but I just threw this on his back and he was good as gold. I will get some pictures of me on him next week.
Once the babies are clean and shedded out a bit I will get new pictures of them. I will miss Lumi terribly, but he will be only 7 hours away in Northern Wisconsin and I have my little Lumi clones to be the cornerstone of my colored arab sporthorse program. Thank you forever Lumi!
Show tomorrow, will post pictures tomorrow night!

3 comments:

Braymere said...

I just peeked at their website, and it looks like Lumi will be going to a really good home. Congrats to both of you!

Danielle Feldman said...

Lumi! What a great opportunity for him to pass on his color and personality.

Chester's Mom said...

That is fantastic... and when it just comes together like that you know it is meant to be. Congrats to you and to Lumi's new home

:)

Beth P