Thursday, July 29, 2010

Showstring 2010

My model year goes from Breyerfest to Breyerfest, and I often sell much of my showstring at the end of the show year. But this one is just for me. Three years ago my oldest daughter wanted this poster book. While much of it was kinda corny, this one picture jumped out at me. I thought this was make a really neat model horse. When the Breyer Wintersong model came out, I knew I had my victim! It just took me a while to get to her


Many people ask how I do drastic repositions, the key is to know when to cut. If leg has to be moved drastically from the stifle/hip area, its usually easier to cut it off completely and replace with wire. If you don't, you end up with really bulky joints and my pet peeve, rubber band legs (legs without joints)
So here is the body minus the head, and you can see the one hind leg was okay to move, but the other had to be cut off. I use soft aluminum wire for this.


Here is a butt shot of the finished Cornelia Marie. Named in honor of the late Captain Phil from Deadliest Catch (a favorite show)



I added some cute flowers and butterflies to the base, I wanted her to look like a mare just out having fun in the pasture




Her face, I only did minor remaking of the nostrils and eye sockets to make her look feminine. She won her class at the Breyer show...still want to do some more details in her feathers but look forward to showing her for a long time!



I have very few pieces left that I am doing "on orders" and can't wait to have the time to do more pieces that I come up with. Some will be for sale, but some like her will stay at the Purdy Farm.
More NAN pics tomorrow!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous!! That is a wonderful re-make.

Danielle Feldman said...

LOVE her. I was so enamored with her, I didn't even notice the cool base.

Urbangoatgirl said...

LOVE her! I think that is one of my favorites yet! You have such an eye for imagining great customs, and the talent to see them through! I would have never thought of that.

Tiffany Purdy said...

Thank you for the nice compliments! One thing I stress to anyone that wants to customize, start with realy pictures, it will make a huge difference in the end.

Anonymous said...

SHE'S SO FLUFFY!