Friday, July 30, 2010

NAN 2010

I miss out on getting a lot of pictures, I showed in way too much performance (which I always do) and totally forgot my camera on the second day. But here are a couple I got. This one was a favorite. The model is a Zara that was missing a leg that I redid to look like my real morab mare, Jericho's Royal Secret (see real horses, this is Sassy).
This costume was made by my BFF Kathy Wiggins as a bit of a joke at my ridiculous leopard print and pink fetish. She took a Lisa Salamandick halter and breastcollar set and went crazy. Its so cool and sparkly! I did the doll. This was a huge class but a great example of how something a little different thats well documented can do well. The documentation has real "Hollywood" style half arab youth entrants pictured. If you want to see amazing though, check out the NAN website and see what won champ, that set up that won is a true piece of art. But I was so happy to have my "real" horse and something made by a dear friend do so well. To me silver was gold on this one! AND Sassy got reserve champ in breed! Turns out she is a great show mare just like her namesake!

Remember Anne Nicole? She won champ in parade last year (yes the flag in the wrong hand, the doll broke the right hand right before the class and the laminated reference pic had the flag in it, but it was a rodeo setup, not a formal parade class but still, I did know better, I just didn't know what to do with that reference sheet, that why I don't laminate them anymore, something you need to make last minute changes!)
But anyway, Anne Nicole lives with her new owner now, who shows her to death and does great with her, which to me is a great compliment! Shannon thought it was funny that I beat myself in this class (Lady Liberty top tenned) but really, Colette won this all on her own. This brown parade set looks amazing with her.
I love this set up! Kathy Wiggins made the tack, I made the bull (from the Herden steer) and the horse (remade Keltic Salinero), Joan Yount made the doll, and Kevin McFarland made the wall.


Lastly, a real highlight from the halter day. The American Gaited class was so crazy big, ASBs and TWH did NOT get split like in previous years, and there were over 40 horses listed for the class (not sure how many were there in the end). Champ was Lady Liberty, and reserve was Sultana Santana, a rejoice with a ruffian head I did four years ago now owned by Beth Lamm, whoo hooo!
Thanks to Karen Meekma for the pic, I didn't have my camera this day!





3 comments:

horseyK728 said...

Well done! It's not easy to have models with such an impressive record in both performance and halter! Getting a grand and reserve in that big gaited class must have been a thrill!!

Tiffany Purdy said...

Thank you! I am really a performance person at heart, I am trying to do more "halter" horses but it not easy for me, I want everything to be tack friendly. Mole Bait was probably the best of all, he was champ in workmanship, reserve in breed, and two top tens in performance. Which of course, I don't have pictures of! The gaited class was a great thrill, so many neat horses out there I took it as a huge compiment.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry! Have photos, will deal :)...