Monday, July 18, 2011

All about Friendship

I just got back from Breyerfest yesterday, and what a year it was! I had put a lot of effort into my customs and performance this year since I may not get to show next year. I am entering a Masters program in Chemistry (the Masters I have is in Education) and it goes over the summer term. So I figured I needed to go for broke this year, and it worked! I got several custom division champs and the Overall Reserve Custom Champ with my Zenyatta model (on right), but the highlight of the weekend was winning the Overall Grand Performance Championship at the Breyerfest Show! Darrit, the walking mule on the left, was the winner. The championship models are in the middle. That's Kathy Wiggins (tack goddess and BFF) in the background.....giggle, I don't think she realized she was in it!


The win was great, but the best part of the win was the fact I couldn't have done it without my friends. Everything that made my entries special was made by special friends I hold dear to my heart. Not only is Darrit named after D'Arry's brother, but he couldn't have won the pleasure driving class without Gizmo the adorable French Bulldog made for me by D'Arry.

This entry, the final class that secured his championship, was so special to me since every piece in this was part of a friendship tax trade
The pack set and jumping mules bridle was made by Jen, the incredible plantation "Bayonne" (I have no idea how to spell that) saddle, accessories, even that cool leather cowboy hat was made by Kathy, there are little pieces hanging from the pack set from Shannon, the stick flooding the bridge were even from Idaho! You can't hear the cool sound box made by Kevin..the diorama itself was made by Mom and Kim Haymond (honestly, I call her mom mom) and it wowed people every time I got it out. This hobby is suppose to be about fun and friendship, and this entry, this whole championship proves it.



This dog trophy picture wasn't from Breyerfest, but it just shows how talented D'Arry is that she can make these amazing dog from the Breyer dogs, I will treasure Gizmo forever, she even has a pink stunned collar!














Close up of the champs













Spotted Assets won reserve English champ by 2 points, and that as without going in pleasure! Next year if I can show I plan to beef up his entries even more to see if he can win champ even without a class. I had to post this since he won dressage with his Prix Caprilli entry and that was all Jen's fault!





I didn't get many pictures, I was running around showing customs and performance, hopefully people out there have some they can send me of my class entries, Purdy Please???

I big hug to all my hobby friends out there, this was such a good weekend and reminded me of why I am so lucky to have my friends!













4 comments:

Vicky said...

I was very thrilled to be the judge of the Open Show "other performance" division and have the honor of judging Tiff's entries. They were delightful and the mule was perfect in every class (but one....lol)

Anonymous said...

Um, well, the friend taxes really are nice perks ;). Just glad to help your purdy ponies in the ring, even if it means a few pieces of stinky Coeur d'Alene Lake drift wood!

RiderWriter said...

Hi, Tiffany -

I found your blog via Tacky Tack of the Day's sidebar, I think (I read a lot of blogs so not positive), and I've just now gotten through every one of your posts. WOW - what an education in Breyer showing, which I know absolutely nothing about! I knew that model horse shows existed, and people are very serious about it and produce incredibly detailed paint jobs and tack, but I really had no idea about the level of perfection some of you can achieve.

I had a bunch of Breyers as a kid and still have a few left that survived my mom selling my childhood home. Unfortunately, several of my favorites (my Palomino 5-Gaiter, my Pacer) are gone. But I just researched the ones I have left over at IdentifyYourBreyer.com so now I at least know what I've got! (Don't think anyone is terribly valuable but need to do some checking.)

More recent additions are the Secretariat anniversary w/ rose blanket (I DETEST the mold, his head/eyes are terrible I think but he's part of my Big Red general collection) and just for Mother's Day I got Zenyatta.

After perusing this whole blog, I have two (hopefully simple, as I can't even imagine how busy you are) requests:
- Can we please see a photo of just your CM Zenyatta? I'm dying to see what you did with her and she's hiding or very small in the current pictures.
- Could you please show the original Breyer models prior to your amazing transformations, and/or the ones you got pieces from? As a newbie this would be really helpful... I know this would be more photos but even just the starter body would be good to see. (Sorry, I know that if the majority of your blog readers are pros then this would be superfluous.)

I went over to EBay and took a look at model prices there. I now realize that yours are TRULY special. I think you have spoiled me for looking at any else's pieces! I also can't get over the incredible details on the tack and accessories. I wish there was going to be a live show closer than 4 hours away from me as now I'm anxious to see one in person.

Thanks, and count me in as another intrigued reader!

RiderWriter said...

P.S. I actually wrote a couple posts on my own blog with photos of all my Breyer horses. I don't like the heads and eyes on most of them... especially after seeing yours! :-)