Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blankity Blank Bows

I am alive! My day job has totally consumed my life the last month and a half. I changed from teaching Physics to all Chemistry classes (Chemistry is my real passion and what I did professionally before the whole education adventure). Its been a huge transition, I redid the lab and all the curriculum, but I love it! The models haven't gotten to far, but I did manage to completely hose myself with the few I have done since Breyerfest. I got one of the tent ponies and was ever so gently told if I did one with bows this person had to have it. So I said sure, I could do that.....well that was before she was done and I really really really wanted to keep her! But this person is a middle school band teacher, so she isn't the most stable person and knows where I live..........giggle. I mean what kind of person wants me to sculpt bows on the mustang stallion she is having me paint?????? No, I am not kidding on that either!


Princess Buttercup! And yes Jen, I do realize if one doesn't show up in Colorado my tack supply is cut off! Lets just say I was practicing this color for a portrait of a certain palomino in your life!

I am working hard to get this warmblood done so he can go off to England and I can hit Christina up for a new harness!

I have decided to start showing some Pebbles sized stuff, and I finished "Pushin the Moon" a couple of weeks ago. She is a Pebbles ASB with a WB head remade into a Spotted Saddle Horse. She won overall grand at Meows and Minis last week and got a Performance Championship this week with the absolutely adorable kid rider made by D'Arry! I need to make a walker bridle for her (I showed this in walk trot to get away with the snaffle) but its so cute I squealed when I saw it!

I did get this Little Lonestar remake done. I only showed in a few performance classes all day since I was judging a halter division, but he did get two first and a second and is NANd now in English and western. He is for sale at $400 postage paid.







I had my last inspection/evaluation last week till spring at work, and my classes are going smoothly now and my year is planned for curriculum, so I am looking forward to "getting back in the saddle!"















3 comments:

Field of Dolls Studio said...

Science and horses...you have an awesome life! (though I prefer physics, chemistry is fun too.)Perhaps one day I can con you into a trade for dolls ☺

Braymere said...

You know, I have a palomino pony resin with braids and little bows named Princess Buttercup. She is really cute, but not quite as cute as this new Princess Buttercup. Sure wish both of them would be living with me!!

Sian said...

This new Princess Buttercup could be renamed Princess Trillium...