Sunday, October 16, 2011

Quarter Horse Congress

This weekend at the Quarter Horse Congress show I got to compete for an overall performance award which I haven't done since Breyerfest....and it went well! Thank you Shannon for this stunning western set which helped Plaudit Princess to her big win! This little gal is going to be owned by Shannon and me until after NAN when she will go home with Shannon to stay. After all, her head did come from Shannon's Flash model......



With work I haven't gotten much of a chance to show, but this past weekend I managed to tie work into a show weekend. I was at University of Illinois this Friday doing a leadership program with a former student, and then traveled onto Columbus, Ohio for the Quarter Horse Congress Live show. If you ever get a chance to go to this show its AMAZING to see the level of the Quarter Horse show world and get to show models while watching the best of the Quarter horse world walk by the door. This Lusitano is a CM I did from and ISH and was one of the few new beasties I managed to get done the past few months. He won both halter and workmanship (NANd) for his breed. He is for sale at $750.


The halter day was great, with Mole Bait getting overall Grand and my big walker Freedom Generator getting overall reserve. The awards were beautiful custom glazed mugs from Pour Horse with the Congress Show logo.



My walkers cleaned up their division, little Pushin the Moon held her own against the big guys!





A close up of Plaudit Princess in the amazing tack Shannon made. The carving on this saddle is so stunning!







Well I didn't mean to do this twice, but really, the set is incredible. The Congress Queen stopped by and she actually pick it out of all my tack and went on and on about how much it looked like a real saddle, and she is right! The show got over late and it was a full day with halter and performance, but I am sure pictures will be up on the web from other showers. If you can be in Columbus next year for this show you won't be disappointed!



















2 comments:

Vicky said...

Awesome Tiffany! Your customs are just great! Where did the mule from BF open go?

Tiffany Purdy said...

Darrit, the walking mule, lives with Kathy Wiggins now, he is one of our permanent herd that just migrates between homes. The jumping mule is with me. Oh and that halter I know is PRE, it just looked so pretty on the Lusitano!