Friday, June 25, 2010

Imafam II, the camel at NAN

So how did this camel come to be? Well this one is all Danielle's fault. Over a year ago she had one of the awesome Herden camels up for sale and I really wanted it, but she had to go and sell it to someone else (okay to be honest I had my shot at it) and when I whined she said " Well its not like you couldn't make one yourself"
True, but where to start? Ready for a shocker????
This first pic is the original Imafam in the foreground, with her poor broken leg from demolding, and Imafam II, the NAN camel, is the background. Imafam II has a different tail, and from the molding the head position comes out a little different


This is the original in primer.....
And here she is in progress! YES that is the breyer FAM!!!! Amazing what you can do with some apoxy and aluminum foil isn't it???? I purposely left her feet so you can see the original FAM hooves on the bottom. The only other thing not covered are the eyes, the finished camel has the same breyer eyes.

The whole reason I made a mold and wanted some cast copies is what you can see here. She is quite the frankenstein thing, and I worry how stable the piece it. That and just think of the camel remakes I can do!






3 comments:

Vicky said...

I think he is fabulous. I wouldn't mind having one. Can't wait to see him at NAN!

The CL Horse For Sale Ad Queen said...

That camel is amazing. I have a body that I am trying to figure out how to turn into a dragon. This is just further inspiration!

Katja R. said...

It's Girl, cant you see the udder? Nice work!