Friday, August 6, 2010

Training Barn WOW

More years ago than I care to admit, I went to my first model horse show in Champagne, Illinois. There I met D'arry and was amazed at the customs she had. I had been do my own customs growing up, and loved to make costumes for them, but had no idea how drastic customs could be. She had this awesome warmblood custom, Player, that I could not get out of my head. That show and D'arry's work really was the kick in the butt for me to expand on my remaking attempts.
So flash forward....turns out she only live a few hours from me, and we thought it would be cool to do some pieces together. So here is the first one "Dream of Me", a show stopping TB stallion! I took the Breyer Idocus, thinned down the legs, and but a whole new neck and Lonesome Glory head on it. Then D'arry did one of her amazing braid and paint jobs on him. He already is a live show champ in halter and workmanship, and is NANd for 2011 and 2012 in halter and workmanship. He is available for $900 postage paid, and I can continue to show him if the new owner wishes (including performance if you wanted him qualified in performance).
This is a stunning piece, with a soft chestnut color only D'arry can paint.



A cose up of him braids, they are super detailed!
What an expression, doesn't he look like he knows he is the shiznet?


Softly dappled on his barrel and hindquarters, with an awesome pinwheel tail braid


Sure to be a great show horse for years to come!



I have another piece we did, but you will have to wait a bit for that one, she needs some performance showing in my opinion....stock horse people watch out!



3 comments:

Braymere said...

I love this one!
<3 <3 <3

Sarah said...

I Tried Going To Your Website But Its Says Its Expired.

Can You Renew It?

I Also Like The Horse. I Could See Him In A Performance Set Like This- http://ajdesignembroidery.com/Images/hunter.JPG

Tiffany Purdy said...

Sorry about that! The website is back up now. Some new pictures too, and I am always looking for more champ pictures of my work
Thanks so much! Dream of Me will be shown in performance until he sells, thanks for the tip!