Sunday, March 13, 2011

Show Donations!

Just a quick post today with more pictures to follow tomorrow! We finally got the computer hooked up on the new office desk (will post a pic later) and I have to say this monitor looks embarrassing on it. Reminds me of that commercial where everything is stolen in the house except the computer.......
I wanted to share the two show donations I am working on. I try to give back as much as I can, and the first set is called "Chasing Hope". A remade breyer eberl WB foal chasing after this adorable dog sculpture that I set on a custom base. The foal will be a pretty, soft, baby bay. If you are interested contact Jenna Nejman through the Show for the Cure website.


This guy will soon be a bay roan semi leopard appy. For Shannon's show it had to be an appaloose that was performance friendly, so here he is! An ISH with a tucked, straighten head and new wispy appy mane and tail. His name.....Joker B Nospuds
More on the name story to follow! If you are interested in this guy, contact Shannon Granger for North Idaho (land of no potatoes) Live.


And I wanted to share some progress photos on hte two new customs. I went with buckskin going grey for the spanish guy...I just thought he looked more lusitano than andalusian

And of course the silver grulla for the Sorraia. Both of these colors are done with acrylic base coats and bare minerals eye shadows for shading. Sounds weird, but really they are just like pastels except ground super fine. I get bare minerals products since they don't contain oils at all that may hinder the fixing spray.
More soon! Gotta get back to painting!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the way, that's "appaloosa". But I guess if you mean it's original name, where the locals called it "a paloose horse", then I guess you're sort of close ;). Nifty name too. You're getting potatoes for every meal.

Rayvin said...

I LOVE the spanish boy Tiff!