Saturday, June 4, 2011

NAN raffle!

At first I wasn't going to donate to NAN this year, but when Jen gave my name and agreed to make some tack to go with it, I couldn't say no. With the house I really didn't have time for another new piece, so I thought this mare that I did last year for myself would be a fun piece. This is a nahar body with a khemosabi head, sounds crazy, but both parts came from damaged resins so this gal is proof that you can save anything you put your mind to!

Now in a alert walking turn, she should be a blast for performance! Jen is going to make a showmanship halter for her.






Wonder who this is for, and its not Jen, its for Mrs. Potato Head! This Keltic has been redone to a more forward trot (medium trot/collected instead of passage) so he can be shown in more events, along with a traditional USA style braided mane and all new tail. Wonder why he has an all new tail.....well that story is on Shannon's blog!






He can still be shown with the plastic dish but he will come with a nice resin base as well. Too bad Shannon never posted the pictures of the base she made for this guy at NAN 2009 (when he was an OF), lets just say it was quite the flop! Did you know how soft cured sculpy can get when heated??????





3 comments:

Vicky said...

Oh, be still my heart......wow... I see I'm buying more raffle tickets!!!!

Urbangoatgirl said...

Me too! I love that mare! I thought I was going to save money not going to Breyerfest and not having the NAN auction this year, but I shudder to think how much I will spend on raffle tickets!!!

TankDiveGirl said...

Me too Vicky and Kellye! Let's bring ALL The coolest stuff back to Texas!!