Thursday, June 2, 2011

Breyerfest Preview 2011

This year I am really trying to come up with some unique remakes for Breyerfest. One thing I have often noticed is that there are few morgans out there, and the morgan customs that are out there are almost all the english, show ring type. So I thought I would do a western working morgan for a change. Morgans do very well in open competition and many of the working lines look very similar to the same lines the produce the best cutting and working western QHs. In fact, years ago there was cross breeding between the two breeds and you can still see it in today's horses.


This remake is made from four different molds....any guesses? Using parts from different molds not only saves on time, but the finished remake is way lighter than if the mane and tail were sculpted entirely from scratch.

Okay, the mane is easy, Esprit, the tail is Huck Bey's upside down, a PAM head, and an alborozo body! The mane and forelock are away from the body so he turned out very tack friendly. If you look at models like the rose reiner, you can see both breeds have the same round outline. The western morgans will have a bit more cresty neck,dishy heads (but I have seem some baby doll head QHs that I would swear are part morgan or arab), and big morgan eyes.





Here are a couple of the real morgan's I used for reference. Won't this be a fun, different, morgan to show in performance?




People have asked about pre-purchasing the remakes I am doing for Breyerfest...I am still trying to figure out how to do this, I really want the artisan hall to be something special this year, but stay tuned I am still working on it!
















2 comments:

Danielle Feldman said...

Love your Morgan reiner! One of the coolest remakes you've done IMO.

Sian said...

He looks excellent!!