Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions

One of my New Year Resolutions was to sort through my multiple boxes of clutter I have accumulated over the years....old tack and props that I just don't use anymore. One thing I found was this old circus costume from years ago. I don't remember who made it, but with some simple resizing I got it to fit "Moonpie" (thank you Kate!). It doesn't really fit her great and I am dying to see what a certain favorite tack maker of mine is going to make to truly fit her, but I couldn't resist taking a picture with Gizmo. Gizmo is my amazing French Bulldog sculpted by D'Arry that I hold very dear to my heart. I do plan to sell a lot of old tack, but things that I have that were made by my friends I will never part with and are my favorite thing about this hobby. Being able to trade horses for such incredible pieces of artwork is a great blessing.


Now Gizmo is amazing, but she is a carriage dog, don't you think Moonpie needs a little Mieka to be her performance companion?

This is where Gizmo normally sits, on the lap of the Tiffany Portrait that Kathy Wiggins made, another very special, very talented, best friend of mine that I am so lucky to have in my life. Kathy also remade the Harley to look more "Tiffany". These guys sit in the curio I have that belonged to my beloved grandmother that passed away years ago. My first Jen Buxton saddle, the endurance one with its NAN cookie and my first Sheridan Shannon saddle sit in there too.



So I want to clean out the clutter, get some cool new pieces done, and especially get some super special pieces done for my horsie buddies, so yes Jen, a Purdy pony is coming your way! Kathy's Marwari is the next one to be done this month, wait till you see the costume Kathy is making for it!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are those pink bell bottoms?!

Trails End Studio said...

I would like to add that those of us whom get to trade our tack for your artwork ( horses ) Feel Blessed too :O)