Monday, January 2, 2012

First Customs of 2012

A new year and some new customs to start it off! These are the first customs with a 2012 label. The circus pony is finally done, horray! This little gal took a lot of hours to paint, let alone sculpt, but I love how she turned out. Here she is from a bunch of angles..




Okay, okay, I couldn't resist. My poor husband drowning in estrogen....he doesn't want to admit it but he loves his Barbie princess pillow...almost as much as Mieka's pink satin leopard print dress...giggle



Back to the pony. I know its a shock to see what color her mane accents are right? I think she really needs a circus costume, don't you all agree?




I changed the background color for the blog photos to what I was told was the only correct color for my blog. The pink sheet was rather full of cat hairs so it was gone getting a bath, I apologize for the blah beige, it really wasn't Purdy.....


The hardest think about a black horse is not using a lot of true black. She is actually highly shaded and her white areas are pinked in the right places. The mane and tail get the hair appearance by going back and forth with black and white paint with a very fine long haired "script" brush.




Now she really needs a little dog to go with her....wouldn't a little Mieka in a pink tutu be perfect?



What a show off!




The warmblood mare turned out very soft and feminine looking as I hoped. I plan to show her in performance and halter this coming weekend.

I love these resin bases, so much nicer than those little plastic disks.




I left the Hanovarian brand on the mold, I thought it fit the head profile of the Memphis Belle head. She just needs a good German name. The pony needs a name too, any suggestions?



An elegant, lady like expression




This dappled, blood bay color was done using layers of pastels over airbrushed acrylics. She is available for sale for $600ppd to the lower 48 states.


And lastly the haired Eberl after her mane and tail were properly shaped. I used a high quality mousse and fine spray to set the hair. I do'nt do a lot of hairing, but I do like the appearance of a haired model with a styled mane and tail. I think she will look great in costume!




























3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meitnerium? Roentgenium? Not sure if their roots are German, but they're cool names. *smirk* Love the photo of your hubby. I almost feel sorry for him. All those girls he has to put up with...

Danielle Feldman said...

The customs are lovely! And I'm glad to finally see a picture of your hubby. He kind of looks like "House" in the picture. As for names, go plug in some verbs in an English to German dictionary online and you'll find something cool. Segel (to sail) is one of my favorites, but I've already claimed that one, hah!

John Hudson said...

If we are to stick to materials like steel and aluminum, we will not be able to save some dime to allocate for other important things. It will be much harder to stick to a given budget as well. It will seem like almost impossible to get a project done when you are asked for quality output with a limited budget. However, if you truly believe that you can have them both and still come out with the best output for the project you are Custom Plastic Profiles on, you are right. Keller Products can make this possible for you.