Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Darcy Done!

I am so looking forward to this weekend! I finally get to meet Jen Buxton in person...it no fun to have a best bud that you never get to hang with! And I get to deliver Darcy to the "other" Jen, although I am sad I don't get to show her at all. I redid the head and ear set on her, and she is a rich dappled bay. I did something different on her, she has a velvet finish with a glossed up mane and tail to really look like a show ring star. Her hooves are "hoof blacked" so that why you can't see nail heads. I also added veins and muzzle bumbs to her. I didn't redo the hind leg, I wanted her to look like my mare often did when shown at halter, all stretch out and feeling full of herself!


Her head from the sise, you can see the neck details I put in

Her show ring "I am it!" look, I even wrinkled the skin around her ear.

Her off side



I think she will be a blast to show! For purchase details, please email me, I am not totally sure what Jen plans, but if you have an offer let me know and I will tell her this weekend. I assume she will be selling her, since this is the copy I finished in exchange for my own copy


Let me know what you think!



5 comments:

horseyK728 said...

Very nice! I love the added details you gave her. The slick looking mane and tail really do give her that "show arena" look. I bet she'd be a knockout in performance too!

DeeAnn said...

Love everything you did with this one. This is my favorite shade of bay. She looks yummy!

Braymere said...

Oooh, pretty Darcy! Can't wait to see her--and you!--on Friday!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! Simply delicious :).

Urbangoatgirl said...

I really like her! Beautiful shade of bay and love the "Show Sheen'd" mane and tail. She's a fancy gal.
Have fun with Jennfier this weekend.