Sunday, August 22, 2010

Show Report

I know I still need to give a report on my Denver trip, which was AMAZING, but wanted to post pictures of the show I went to yesterday. Midwest Model Mania is a big all halter show that is help each year by Mary Lou Mol just outside of Galsburg, Illinois. Now what am I doing at an all halter show...simple, I only live an hour away and its a great chance to visit with my friends all day!
Here are some of the highlights from the day. These Purdy horses were division champs. I didn't paint the little Swaps, just customize him, but the coloring on this guy is something way beyond my ability!
Good Ol Mole Bait, he will be retired once I finish out his Merit Award, and will live in the case my husband made for him. He is the only model my husband has ever paid attention to, which earns him a forever home here.


What an awesome CM day! Sassy got overall champ, and Lady Liberty got reserve! The only kicker on that is Lady Liberty is at Linda's house now. She was always meant to Linda's horse since she came up with the original idea...BUT the whole plan is to have a family, and I get BIG DADDY. I am working on him now, so watch out for Freedom Generator, coming soon!
This is a Smarty Jones I redid into a QH cutting mare. My Oktopussy resin went home to Kathy (well it was her horse....) and I have lots of cool props for a horse in that position, so I did a CM to show, in the opposite direction. Next weekend I plan to show her in performance, and she will be for sale for anyone going to NAN next year, I would like to see her shown there.


A new favorite, this is a lady phase I did with a new head and neck. Zips Painted Chick....can you guess who painted her?
D'Arry did an amazing job on this color. No one else can paint that soft buckskin pinto like she can, I am just thrilled to have this mare to show, watch for her in performance coming soon!


This horse is a remade silver, and was designed to replace a stolen resin for a friend oversees. He has a cool open mouth and is bucking up a storm....and he flys to his new home next week, hope you like him Ann!




I need to win the flash argument with this new camera, sorry the pictures are a little dark.
I am back in school now, so I plan to start posting on a much more regular basis. Since I am not going to NAN next year I am hoping to have many more CMs for sale throughout the show season, so stay tuned!


9 comments:

horseyK728 said...

Beautiful models Tiffany! I would have trouble picking a favorite among the pictures you posted! Glad they all showed well!!

Danielle Feldman said...

I should think your hubby would pay attention to Mole Bait - I mean it was his fault after all, right? ;)

Congrats on the wins!

Tiffany Purdy said...

You know you are so right, Mole Bait is totally his fault!
OH what painful memories.....
but you know what makes the pain go away, the idea of the custom you are going to paint! What out show world!

DeeAnn said...

Gorgeous work as always, and congrats on the wins! I really love Cornelia Marie though, you captured her so beautifully.

Urbangoatgirl said...

Oh man I need that Lady Phase CM Tiffany! Let me know if you decide to let her go. My custom show string needs a paint, and I love the combo of you and D'arry!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't fair to those judges setting those three on the table. Poor people. My favorite is still that clydesdale mare :). Glad to see she's in the winner's circle!

Tiffany Purdy said...

Thank you for all the nice comments! Cornelia Marie is a favorite too, I can't believe I had that picture for so long!
Hey Shannon, I sold that light oil WP stuf of mine, so no pressure.....giggle

Anonymous said...

Gee, that's too bad. My crafting muse just dried up ;) *smirk* Looks like you'll just have to show halter for a while *giggle*.

ArabsRule said...

@ Shannon - Tell me about it, I had a heck of a time judging the CM division with all the purdy Purdys!