Sunday, August 29, 2010

Show Report: Buxton Best

After getting to spend an amazing weekend in Denver, with weather and scenery like this, I needed to earn my Buxton keep a bit more. Living in Illinois, seeing something like this is awe inspiring, just what are those bumby rock things called??? Can't see them through the corn here..........

Soo enter Gizette. Gizette is a remade Gizelle (obviously, Jen didn't use a lot of creativity on the name here). The irony is that I made Gizette FOR performance for Jen, then find out the poor thing had been only tripsing about the halter ring. Jen is planning on NAN next year, so I was determined this little mare got to show in some performance events. So I horse napped her (well really its that Jen doesn't have much chance to show performance before next year). Here she is in western pleasure with my new Yount doll. I think she looks amazing under saddle, not that I am biased at all!

In showmanship waiting for the judge to signal the backing part of the pattern....


And lastly costume. Now costume is the performance event Gizette was made for (see Jen's blog about her arabian costume) , but Jen hasn't had the chance. I have the costume and am going to make a youth doll for her, but for now she can wear my "Purdy" costume!
Ironically, she got second to my Haute Ecole costume (they were all mixed together at this show)
Next up is Jennibray. Jennibray didn't get to go to this past NAN thanks to having an ear accident while loading in the car to go (I was beyond upset needless to say). BUT Jen is taking her home and showing her at NAN, or else!!!
or else what good question, not like I could even go without my tack pusher in my life.....LOL




The amazing jump was done by Kim Haymond, all the tack except for the bumper girth was done by Jen. I am obsessed with Jen's saddles, that goes without saying, but let me tell you her boots are just as amazing! My Buxton bumper girth is russet colored which is the only reason I didn't have that one on. I so love my Buxton tack, I seriously can't get over how lucky I am that she has as bad as a model addiciton as I have a tack addiction. Just please, let her never find a model horse rehab! Jen you are so my tack pusher hero!!!!!






More show pictures tomorrow!


No comments: