Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year

Well you had to see this coming.......Mieka in Pink! Actually she loves clothes and gets all excited when you hold something out for her. So needless to say I love buying the outfits! She is doing super after a trip to my vet. She had developed an upper respiratory infection (probably a reaction to the Kennel cough shot she got at the shelter) and she was a bit constipated, but she recovered well from that and we had a wonderful first Christmas together. She is still underweight and her skin is slowly recovering, but considering this is her third home in couple weeks time she is adjusting really well.


She and the kittens (they were dropped off with their mother this past summer, mom was too dehydrated to save but the three siblings are wonderful, anyone need a house cat?) have decided being Purdy rescue cases isn't such a bad life!

Mieka loves laps, if you sit, she will cuddle! Payton has more fun dressing her than I do, if you can believe that.


Okay okay, horse stuff! This one is a trade order for a wonderful tack piece I can't wait to get. I have to really want something to willingly hair a model. I swear it looks like I skinned a raccoon by the time I am done and more hair is glued to me than the horse.





This next one (sorry for the repeat photo) is one that I am just loving...the new Eberl pony remade to a bowing circus pony mare! She isn't done yet so the Zombie blue eyes are a bit creepy, but I think she will be a blast to show. And yes, she has a bow in her forelock...hmmmm wonder what color it will be?????





Her mane was something new. I decided to fishnet the roots for the mane to have a polished, ready for the center ring look. I will have colored bands on it when its done, again, what color???






An encore bow....no not really, just added the picture twice....





Wonder what ever happens to all those Keltic headless bodies I have? I used that Memphis Belle head I had and it fit the body perfectly, for something you rarely see, a warmblood mare from the Keltic mold. I am very happy with how she really looks like a mare, and a great performance prospect at that! She still has detail work needed, but I liked the blood bay color for a change.





If you are interested in the warmblood or the pony I am open to offers until they are completed, just email me at purdyhorsefarm@yahoo.com

Happy New Year to all!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sick. Wrong. Dogs should not be that happy to wear clothes! Love the new critters, especially the mane on that bowing pony. Can't wait to see it finished!

Trails End Studio said...

Love LOVE LOVE them the bowing pony is adorable ! and I love the bay color on the mare !!! ... must finish your tack so's maybe I can trade out another paint job :O)
~ Rach