Saturday, May 29, 2010

Carnage!

Yes I did survive the school year, so where have I been? Well my husband qualified several of his relay teams for the state track meet (he won a state title last year) so its been just me to handle the two girls and the farm....crazy! During the day the little one goes to daycare and the oldest likes to go the TMCA camp, so I get a few hours to work. Tuesday I got back in the studio to tackle this pile of carnage.....wanna see more????? Starting tuesday I will go through how to drastic remake leg position, when cutting just isn't enough.
I worked on the camel mold, ran out of mold material, it should be here tuesday, the NAN piece will be getting its own press next week.


And I gave Lumi a bath! Cremellos are NOT easy, especially him. He really is a male pig. Except the pigs I have raised were actually cleaner. SO I took some pictures before he rolled. He is still a little damp, and you can clearly see the color difference between the body and the mane and tail, but not nearly as much as you see on many models. His pink skin is freckled too, a lot like my champagne horses. Champagne has not been found in morgans, but with new finds like Bar link and the pearl gene (not necessarily in morgans) I am sending his DNA off to UC Davis. Mainly I want to know what he carries at the Agouti locus (don't want smoky blacks), but am really curious about what else he carries.

He is just shy of three, and stands 15.3 hands and is built like a truck. He is heavily Flyhawk bred, and has a wonderful neck which should only get better with age. I loved my arabian stallion I had, but I have to admit the baroque look to Lumi's neck is really want I want my horses to have. In a couple years he will be bred to my morab filly from my arabian stallion, whom I still have a breeding contract with his new owners (the arabian that is)

If only he wasn't backlit in this (above) pciture! Below he is chilly with his woman. I have always raised my stallion to breed only with a certain halter on, and they are always kept with bred mares, never isolated. The mares keep him in line and Lumi is a kitten to handle. He is totally submissive to female authority, if only we could do that to all men eh?


Then I went and got Payton, Julia was at grandma's...Payton loves to help do chores, and she found Lumi's bridle path hair very entertaining! His hair is really neat, completely different than palomino white hair. His hair is really wavy and will rope up if left uncombed. Its not hard to imagine that Morgans have some Friesian in there somewhere.



See ya tuesday!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is he a morgan? What a pretty boy. I know theres some dilutions you can't register in the morgan breed says when we register our babies.

Tiffany Purdy said...

Actually all the dilutes can be registered now(except champagne, that hasn't been verified yet), and the white restrictions are gone as well. His registered name is Amberfields Luminescence reg number 177512, DNA tested. The new papers have all the coat modifers on it as well. I have more trouble with my half arab babies. I have a buckskin sired by a dunskin, and she had to have dun on her papers, couldn't get them to understand the difference! What do you have?

Anonymous said...

I can never tire of your beauties :). Can't wait until I can see them in person! Glad to see you back on here. Have a few surprises in the works just for you. Might not get them done by BF, but I'm trying hard to!

Anonymous said...

Hey Purdy,

I heard a rumour you might attend the Spokane Show in a couple weeks. I hope to see you there.

Moose Drool