Monday, May 24, 2010

I survived!

This has been a crazy year (I live by the school year). I can even express how relieved I was to finish grading all those senior projects and officially begin my summer "off". I have so many cool project in mind, first of all finishing the NAN piece. But I take this newest edition to our farm a sign of good things to come. Little Joe was born Sunday morning. This is the first calving I have done, and it was so special. Way easier than a horse! He is so friendly, and weighed 83 pounds, not bad for mamma's first calf. He is a purebred Angus, so just plain chestnut I'm afraid....LOL


This is one I am finishing up, didn't mean to put this one in there, whoops! She is going home with the new owner of the matriarch...there is some tack involved go figure!

Jen Buxton didn't wimp out of showing like I did this weekend, here is Khemotigre, a horse I did for her last year, if only I knew which saddle it was for.......he was overall reserve breed champ at her show

And I finished up some old projects that are getting mailed today, here is the American Creme draft mare I did for Sophie, I tried an tried but just couldnt get the light right so you could see the subtle shading and dapples she has. Cremello is tough, Lumi, my real cremello, has never been this clean in his life!


Tomorrow the camel gets molded, and will begin the whole slew of new customs that are going to the breyer show, whoo hoo. And requests, already have a drafter in the mix.....


2 comments:

Braymere said...

Correction--Khemotigre was Overall Champion Resin Halter not Overall Reserve.

I don't remember which saddles were involved in his creation either... Are we supposed to be keeping track of those things?

Tiffany Purdy said...

giggle, I have never kept track, you are the one with the little slips, like I could ever be that organized! I just figure my tack addiction is way worse than your horse addiction, so I am totally at your mercy!