Monday, May 10, 2010

Darcy OOAK


So this Mother's Day weekend was not too exciting, I didn't go to the show since there was just too much to do at home, but I was able to make good progress on some projects.

I was lucky enough to get chosen to be a guest artist for Darcy, and Jenn wants her for the upcoming CO show, so I dropped my own projects other than Scarlet (for another Jen LOL) to make sure she gets done.

I wanted to make her one of a kind, so I changed her head set to go along with her really stretched out look. I flipped her right ear back to give her a snotty show mare look, and refined the tail so it sweeps out behind her. I normally don't prime in red, but I am planning on her being a really highlighted dappled dark bay, where she has deep red highlights and dapples along her belly, some down her neck...any other suggestions?

Depending on how severe the storms are that are heading this way I will try to take pictures of Scarlet in her new color, but that may have to wait if the storms beat me home after school.

I believe Jen will be selling this Darcy....will find out more details from her, and will get some nice photos of her in the next couple of days

3 comments:

Braymere said...

I really like the changes you made to this one. The new headset works well with that stretched out hind leg. Can't wait to see her in person!

The CL Horse For Sale Ad Queen said...

I just discovered your work and your blog through Tacky Tack of the Day, and I am absolutely awwed by what you do.

I have to make a request for a future topic... HOW do you get the dapples in the coats? :)

Tiffany Purdy said...

I can do dapples, its kinda crazy how I do it have to admit, but happy to show everyone