Monday, May 3, 2010

Feeling Esprit final cuts

Well this week was suppose to be getting ready for the Stones Mayfest.....but it is really looking like that won't happen. Family issues sometimes get the better of us no matter how we try. BUT, maybe its for the best, since I do have show horses that need to get done for people, so these two projects will be sitting in primer for a while.
Here is the first step in doing an elaborate mane. Now you can use Fixit Sculpt for manes off the neck since its more firm, but I prefer to do a metal armature on long mane pieces that are away from the neck. I start off attaching long metal strips with apoxy and letting that dry. Then the pieces can be split and arranged before being covered with apoxy. I do the underside first, let that dry, then the top side. You can't do both at once, it will be too heave an the metal won't hold the shape


Here is his finished on side, sorry for the dark photos, I did these quick upstairs.
His off side


Details of the mane, I was careful to make a the flowing section have a gap below it so reins could pass from the horse's mouth to the rider...you know everything does performance!



The little filly, this one is going to be dunalino paint (frame overo)


This was NOT planned, but don't they look cute together???





Oh and special thanks to Beth Lamm for sending me this photo of her super winning foal Music Maker. The original model was done YEARS ago in my parents basement when I first moved back from Germany, then I recently updated the baby for her. I wish I had photos of what he looked like before, it was quite the change!






Next comes Scarlet...and frankly my dears I really do give a damn that she can wear a harness!



3 comments:

Laura Dotson-Thomson said...

Jealousy doesn't begin to describe my feelings toward the owner of that Espirit. And I actually said I don't want to work with that mold... you make it tempting to run out and get one - seeing what can be done with it.

Tiffany Purdy said...

oh thank you! Actually he doesn't have an owner, he will be for sale at Breyerfest (or before if I can still show him)
The mold does have potential, just go for it!

Braymere said...

I still like the baby best, and she looks super cute with the Matriarch. Too bad they won't be staying togehter!