Sunday, February 6, 2011

Really??????

So a few days after Snowpocalypse here in the Midwest, and I wake up this morning to this.....
More on the way tomorrow, honestly we get snow all the time, but this is just getting silly!

So the contractors didn't come at all last week, I worked on markings and such but I have to get the reiner and arab done in addition to the ones I am putting finishing touches on. This is what has been my studio for the past two years and its always been cramped. However, all the materials for our new bathroom and such is taking up a lot of room, and all the stuff they have out on the table their just isn't much free space. So I pushed some stuff out of the way last week while we were trapped at home and got some work done.
Here is where the reiner is at, this is a sooty buckskin with most of his layers on, still needs the really dark highlights to make the color pop but you can get an idea of what he looks like. I want to make is clear that I remade this horse for performance reasons, I could never sculpt anything this amazing to start with, I just tweak things to my own tastes. I think its awesome that so many super talents sculpting artists allow free rein when it comes to remaking unpainted pieces. Just always be sure to make clear what you have resculpted and what is original. I wish I could have a dozen of these heads alone to work with, oh what fun that would be!


I have real studio photography lights on order, they should have been here last Thursday, but for some reason the UPS tracking says "emergency conditions beyond UPS's control" Wimps!

For something special I remade a Herden cow to go with him for those working cowhorse events. I wanted the cow to look like she was being pushed to turn by the horse




I thought the original turning cow looks like she would run away from the horse in the smooth turn so I remade the running straight cow with a saucy head turn




A head shot, you can see the mane and points are fully shaded yet, but I am liking the overall look of the color. Can't wait to get him done, almost hate to put paint marking on him at this point!





Gotta get to work on mane and tails for some pieces I have been needing to finish up and then back to this guy. He is currently up for offers on salespages!





1 comment:

horseyK728 said...

Wow, he's looking super handsome! I would have a hard time putting paint markings on him too - he looks great in this solid color!

Customizing the cow was a great idea. They go well together.
~Kelli