Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day!

What a night! We have had snow storms in the past, but this was the worst in the past few years. We are at home with over 14" on snow so far and the wind is brutal! But at least I can get some work done. With all this chaos in the house I feel like I am losing my head!
One of my new years goals is to complete a ton of projects that I have been wanting to do, and had buried away. We had to completely clean out the basement during this whole process, and did I find a lot of stuff I had forgotten about! This is a old PS arab body I used the head for something, and a Kristina Lucas head. You can see how I always put long wires into the head for attachement.


This is why I had to stop painting again for a bit. My dining room studio is again a hopeless wreck..but there is light at the end of the tunnel, they are suppose to get all this stuff cleared out this week and I can start painting in the studio!
I suppose it could be worse, I could be outside trying to tackle the ridiculous drifts around the house. Poor husband, I suppose I need to make some sort of nice meal for him today!



here is the arabian, in the new studio! Eventually I will have a real photography booth set up, and yes, I won't use the pink background of my walls! She will have a custom dyed mohair mane and tail when finished. I am planning on a dappled liver chestnut with all kinds of colors in the hair. Her tail will be posable as well.


The lucas head. I love this head, very soft and feminine. I made new metal ears so they would be more delicate than the ones that come with the head.


And finally my rose reiner! This model had a couple things that really bothered me. I didn't like the way he was bent the wrong way through his legs. He is turning right but his right leg is crossed over to the left, looked like he would trip himself to me. I lengthed the neck, corrected the turn which meant moving three legs, and a new tail that flowed with the motion. I also changed the mane a bit to make it more tack friendly.
Here is the front before






The new look.......




And a front view, it make a big difference with the legs moved and no base! More pictures with him in gesso later! I am thinking dappled buckskin frame overo....







Both of these guys will be for sale!




1 comment:

horseyK728 said...

Love the changes you made to your Reiner. He looks so much like my real horse... it's been tough to not buy one of these for a portrait model!

Yours is going to look great when he's all done up in one of your Purdy colors!
~Kelli