Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Feeding the Addiction

Its no secret I have a serious tack addition problem. Well not just tack, I love props, especially vehicles, too (oh and dolls!). The mare and foal set will be the last sales pieces I have for a month or so. My goal for the next month is to finish some cool pieces for my tack pushers that keep my addiction fed. This first one is a PS weanling redone to a paint filly for my BFF Kathy Wiggins. I am fortunate enough to worship three tack goddesses, Kathy, Shannon (even with that whole potato nonsense) and Jen Buxton. To be fair, Kathy insisted on buying this one when we were paying for the bathroom fixtures for the addition. She still needs eyeballs and little details but she will be going to the show this weekend. If you remember the head down matriarch from a while back, this is her baby. Daddy will be a rose reiner done in a similar overo to the baby. Wait till you see the wagon Kathy feed the addiction with to get daddy done! I can't say enough how lucky I am to have not only great trade deals with these wonderful tack artists, but to have also forged wonderful friendships with them all. I am truly lucky!
Kathy also spoils me with the most awesome surprises. I really do love rocks, and she has given me the coolest collection of rock skulls. The dragon one is my favorite.
And people have asked for the mare and foal from the other direction. Just a few more layers of paint and these guys can get their final details before the show this weekend.
I also have a few trade deals I want to settle up on and the weather girl customs, so the next sales bunch won't be for a while. I will post pictures of the different projects I am doing for these deals, and don't miss out on Jemez Kohl's makeover!

1 comment:

Braymere said...

Next time you come to Colorado, we'll have to make sure you go to Estes Park. Not only is that the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park, but it's also home to a most wonderful rock shop. I'm not even into rocks, but I like that rock shop. You can arrive with a suitcase full of horses and go home with a suitcase full of rocks!

:)