Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Four Day Week!

As a teacher, I live for four day weeks! Tomorrow is "Friday" and I am looking forward to three works days in the studio. Granted Easter Day I won't get a lot of time, but it makes the end of the school year go that much faster. This is the next project I am clicking off my trade list. Christina Brown from England made me an incredible set of competition harnesses I will feature soon, and this is my end of the trade. "Mistral Hojris", a Danish warmblood gelding, is her favorite British dressage champion. She wanted a PS side passing warmblood as a portrait of this great horse. One thing I have learned about portraits, the head is everything. In this case, the real horse is always braided in traditional European "button" braids. He would look silly with smaller, American style braids. I went on line and got as many performance pictures of him as possible.


I turned the models ears, squared up the muzzle with new nostrils, added to the forehead and this is where he is at. To get his glowing chestnut coat right he will be finished off with oil pastel powder over an acrylic basecoat.


And these two got mailed off today! That list is getting smaller and smaller!



This little appy looks just like Dee Dee if you want to pet her while she is eating...its "Oh who do you think you are??????"












No comments: