Monday, April 4, 2011

Remaking Progress

I had wanted to post last night, but thanks to a whopper of a lightning storm we wisely unplugged everything last night. No worse for the wear, here are the progress photos on the mare and foal set. The mare is a flashy super dappled liver chestnut, so she can be a purebred. But she fooled around with someone outside the breed and her colt is a elaborate tobiano. The mare is on pegs which are covered in tape still and the foal is mounted on a small base. Still a lot of work to go but you can get the idea of how they will turn out. The set is available for $1200ppd for the pair. For now I am not going to split them up, if they don't sell I may at a later date
When I do a performance horse, I always go from photos. Here is one of the photos I used to model the performance arabian. This real horse is turning a bit and the model is straight, so the legs are a bit different but the idea and phase of the gait is the same.
She is also on pegs which are tape covered for now. I made the model's headset a tad higher than the show ring extreme broken neck set you see, I just can't bring myself to set a model's head that low, and I did want this little mare to go junior huntset and endurance as well.
I got the best April Fool's joke. I have said many times of what a rip off it is that all the Idaho Potatoes are grown in Washington....so Shannon actually sent me a bag of real Idaho potatoes for April Fool's, and here when I got the heavy box I thought it was some rocks! No really, I love to bring rocks home from places I visit! Until I got this box, the guy with the hat was the only Idaho potato I had seen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There WERE rocks in there from our beach coming. Sticks too. *grin* And you forgot to mention that I didn't have to go out of the state to get them either ;).

Anonymous said...

The potatoes, I mean. Heee! It's still a rare day I can find Ideehoe potatoes in a store around here ;).

Four Corners Tack said...

I need to send you some rocks Tiff! I have some nice Cornish ones and one from Kazakhstan that I picked up on a work trip last year.

Urbangoatgirl said...

LOVE the mare from the mare and foal set. Sure you can't split them up? That baby looks plenty old enough to be weaned. LOL
What did the baby start as anyway?

Any ideas on color for the WP mare?

Tiffany Purdy said...

LOL, I suppose he is old enough to be weaned....
The foal is the Eberl one from the warmblood set with a new head, they look great together!
And yes, any cool rocks are welcome, Shannon did put some in the box with wood that got really smelly, think she did that on purpose!

Nikki said...

Tiffany, your customs are wonderful and i still wonder if I will someday eventaully own a mule or Walker from you.. seems like with the way the economy sucks still it won't happen, but i like to see what you're able to do. Keep up the good work.