Sunday, April 10, 2011

Show Report

Yesterday I went to my good friend Brenda Metcalf's show, IL-IA live. Its held in the upper northwest corner of Illinois, which is really a beautiful place. The flash on my camera was dead, so these are all studio pictures taken later, but if you ever get the chance to go to Debuque Illinois you won't be dissapointed. I took this chance to not only go over results, but to show off my Buxton pink beauties! The first is Anateke showing of the stock halter. This halter was really made for smaller models, but I squeezed it on his head. This guy took overall workmanship champ at the show. This was a big honor for me, not only because this special piece was created by me and the uber talented and uber friend D'Arry Jone Frank, but because with all the incredible Carol Williams pieces there, you couldn't ask for stiffer competition. The next is the cool stable halter shown off by Freedom Generator. He was reserve custom champion at the show. He did beat his wife, Lady Liberty, bad wife beater (had to put that in there to give Linda a hard time...giggle)! But just wait till you see baby!!!! She will be at the Breyer show and then eventually I suppose Linda gets to keep her with momma...gotta be careful Linda does know where I live!
This was another treat. Leonardo Lena didn't win the paint class, he got second, but will all the Carol Williams amazing paint pieces in there I was happy! Halter competition is at the highest level in the midwest, and I am grateful for that since it really pushes me to always strive for improvement on my work. Carol is an incredible talent, I could only hope for a fraction of that ability.
This halter is a bit big for dainty Gizette, but she is so cute. I have been performance showing her for slacker Jen so she can compete in a bunch at NAN this year......oh on, better not tease a tack goddess she might cut me off!
The new arabian customs both won their classes so they are NAN qualified for this year. I won't break up the set before Breyerfest, and frankly, I don't want to part with them at all! I will honor the $1200 price for the set now, and plan to sell them individually at the Artisian Hall at Breyerfest, but I really don't want to see them go!
I need to show this gal in showmanship, doesn't she look awesome in her Buxton halter???!!!

Okay I should have taken her show tag off.....whoops


No comments: