Sunday, April 17, 2011

Karma

Remember the crazy moose stories from NAN 2009? It all started with Shannon and I getting bored, some pink foam board, and some duct tape borrowed from the Canadians (yes, they all really do have duct tape at all times!). That is where I met Lisa Salamandick for the first time. I did last year's NAN donation in her honor (see past blogs) but never shared the wonderful Pink Moose Live picture I was given. Thats Lisa in the middle holding those same pink foam antlers...hard to believe she lost her battle with cancer shortly after this picture was taken. I recieved the nicest email from one of her friends telling me how much the whole thing meant to her. Now I am not a preaching type, but I truly believe in karma. Give from the heart, love your friends and family, and good things will come to you regardless of what church you do or do not attend. This belief was again proven to me. Lisa's friend sent me these two presentation sets. They were amongst the last things Lisa ever made....I am crying just typing this
They are not both mine to keep. I never could have put "The Journey" together if it hadn't been for my BFF Kathy Wiggins. She gets first choice, I am tickled with either one. This type of moments makes me realize how lucky I am to have my friends and family. My family has taken a terrible hit this year with my parents divorce (after 30+) years and the fallout from that, but just when I am feeling frustrated with all that a wonderful moment like this comes.
My goal for this next month is to spoil friends, these next two pieces are getting mailed out to good friends this week. I want to finish all my little friend trades and continues with good vibes.
So give someone a hug today, it makes everyone feel better!

5 comments:

Braymere said...

Both those presentation sets are amazing. I have a halter by Lisa and it is absolutely beautiful. Sure wish I had a breastplate to go with it!

Oh yeah, the paintwork on the DaCaprio is to do for... Almost makes me want to start collecting minis!

Urbangoatgirl said...

Very special post Tiffany. I didn't know Lisa personally but we did a bit of horse trading a few years back.
Both those presentation sets are gorgeous and I'm still drooling over that incredible mare!

DeeAnn said...

Beautiful post, gorgeous sets, and, as always, lovely work!

Kismet Lodge said...

such a meaningful post! love the sets and your horses!! they are both absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Terri said...

Will make sure to print this out and show Lisa's mum when we see her this weekend!

What a nice Post. We still think and talk of Lisa Often, and miss her quite a bit.

For those that want to know, in the photo from top to bottom, left to right;
Rayvin Brewer, Dixie Grey, Darlene Dewar, Tammi Palmarchuk.

second row: Sandra Gibson, Shauna McDaniel, Lisa Salamandick, Terri Wright, Bobbie Mossiman

Third row: Meredith Conrad, Bette, Jan Salamandick.

The Frame was painted by our creative Darlene Dewar. I believe Lisa also has the same photo and frame in her room.

I hope I am forgiven for any name mispellings. Thank you for the wonderful photos :)