Sunday, May 1, 2011

Show Report

The best thing about the show yesterday was coming home....I have been wanted to post a picture of the house redo, but that wonderful teal blue foundation color was still there. But yesterday (thanks to a bunch of post a note reminders) my wonderful hubby got to work on that. This is what the front of the house looked like last November



And this is now!!!!!! Still have all the landscaping and the porch ceiling to finish, but I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. Best of all, with the new porch and gutters, no more wet basement despite all the rain we have had!

The best thing at the show by far wasn't mine at all. This is the most beautiful cart I have ever seen. Stupid me didn't write down the name of the woman that made this and drove all the way from Nebraska to show it, but those of you going to NAN are in for a real treat! Its modeled after one of the painted carts of Sicily, and honestly, the detail on this is spectacular! Please someone post her name, I feel rotten I didn't think to write it down.




As for the new canter arab "Khemorabah" took the performance ring by storm. Here she is in her Buxton endurance tack (with the awesome pink leopard saddle bags) and her overall performance awards. She NANd in all three divisions.....





Here she is as the patient youth horse.....





And I had to show Glory Ali Lujia in showmanship. She won Overall CM champ too, I am so glad no one decided to buy her and her foal (Encore Ali won his foal class too)


Khemorabah cleaned up in western too. Once this mold is moved around, she is a great size that fits normal traditional sized tack fits perfectly. She looks like the typical arab height of under 15 hands. Granted, there are more and more 15+ arabs these days, but they are not the majority.
Shannon Granger made this western set. I was planning on showing her in a light oil set, but I don't have one...cough cough



I did get the flash working, but I still need a new camera, and to learn how to use it. I am sure Jen cries when she sees these over flashed shots! On the plus side, if you want to buy a horse and like it in my pictures, you will love it in person!!!!












5 comments:

Danielle Feldman said...

Wow - the house looks amazing! And the horses aren't bad either ;) Miss you!

Jenn Scott said...

Totally jealous over that front porch! GREAT reno!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that front porch, and the Arabian mare is pretty, too!

Sara said...

WOW~ The house is awesome! Love your blog!

Braymere said...

The Sicilian donkey cart was made by Deb Omel. There are better pictures of it here.

Love your "new" house and the cantering Weather Girl turned out so well you've made me reconsider my request!