Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Remaking 101, Reference Photos

One thing I can not stress enough to remakers out there is the use of reference photos. I always try as much as possible to model every remake and its position off of a photo. Its not that it has to be exact, but having something real to look at helps me tremendously. So here are two recent remakes and their photo counterparts. The first is Freedom Generator, a Big Lick walker I modeled after the real world champion, The Whole Nine Yards. In real like the model's color looks way more like the real horse. It was so nice earlier today but when I took these photos it had clouded up.


The hardest thing on this guy was getting the stacks right in front and then the hip lines to follow. The stacks are the accepted 50% of natural hoof length, and will eventually have their straps on as well. He will also have trailer shoes behind.
Then for a breed you don't see often, a Dutch Harness horse. This is a huck body with a lonesome glory head. He is complete with the shaved tail top, and plaited mane. The trick on him was to get the plaits to stand away from the neck like they do on a real Dutch Harness horse groomed for show.

I actually took the right hind off completely to move it forward to get that look of him reaching way under himself. This overreach with the hind is a breed standard that they must show.


I hope to have finished photos on Thursday before I leave for the show Friday morning. For all those have asked I have decided on these prices for blog readers
Esprit Custom $550
Gizelle Custom $600
Dutch Harness horse $625
Prices do NOT include postage!
These are lower than what I was planning, but really, have I mentioned how much I want new furniture to go in the new addition?
TWH...dont ask, if I ever sold him Linda would hunt me down.......;)
Just think, real photos you could see the real colors in...whoo hoo!



No comments: