Monday, October 4, 2010

Remaking Progress

Well after some thought, I decided on a really soft, light dappled buckskin pinto for gizelle, here is the base coat

The Esprit is going to be a totally new color I am going to try, but the base coat is the same. I always try to paint horses in the same tone at once. Saves time and paint, while one dries the you can work on the other. I do a lot of hand painting anymore for dapples and highlights, but for base color I use and Iwata with a jar attachment, soooooo much faster!
And remakes are always being tinkered with, I changed the crest on this guy so it wasn't lumpy, and refined and shortened his pads. He is still wet here, but I like his neck better. I may have to file the pads more since they still need their rubber grips sole at the end. He is more turned towards the side than his wifey

More pics tomorrow night!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really do like that mare's lowered head. She'll be perfect for performance. And about the others, SIMPLY YUMMY!