Sunday, October 3, 2010

Working Like Mad!

Sorry I haven't posted, but I have been working like crazy for a very good reason! With a lot of extra work, I am finally going to get my 100+ year old house redone, that means a master bedroom and bath away from the children, and a real studio!!!!! No more working in the dungeon of my basement sculpting and painting in my dining room!!! So for the next few months I will be doing my best to get cool sales stuff done to help pay for the remodel. Now this first one is the only one for me, this is Lady Liberty's husband, Freedom Generator! He won't get his block straps and hind shoes till the very end, but here he finally is!


This is what happens when you don't have a real studio, you need to hang the work out to dry....

But here is a Dutch Harness horse, complete with correct little plaits that stand away from the neck, top of tail is pulled and bottom is banged...but since his base isn't done he is being held up my diet coke cans for now....dappled bay with socks I think....

This little mare is going to get shown in every performance event I can at Cookeville Classic in TN in a couple of weeks. This mold with a new headset should be fantastic in everything! I am thinking a cute morgan/paint cross in buckskin tobiano

And I rarely do all halter horses, but how bout this snarky Esprit???? Not only did I lift and turn the head, but I totally redid that scary shoulder and cleaned up the raised front leg. Apricot dun going grey anyone?




Best of all, in this studio I will have a real place to take pictures! Can you imagine, no more dark basement overflashed pictures!!! We are looking to start at the end of this month, and I will post all kinds of pictures for all to see the transformation, WHOO HOOO
Other than the Big Lick Walker, these horses will all be sales pieces, email for info and more pictures will be coming this week.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for you! It's exciting to see you get a FOR REAL studio ;). Can't wait to visit so I can see it. Best wishes on the reno and I hope the process doesn't drive you any more insane ;)!

Urbangoatgirl said...

I love customs and you do some of the best! I love the changes you've made to the Esprit while still retaining his general snort and style, agree that the Stage Mom is going to be an awesome little performance horse, and am digging that Dutch Harness horse. Can't wait to see how they look with some "clothes" on!

horseyK728 said...

Awesome customs! I really like the new headset you gave that Stage Mom. Very nice! Hope all the home improvements go smoothly for you, too. :) You should do a "studio - before and after" post in your blog. ;)

Unknown said...

Have fun with the remodel! I love remodeling, but we're renting, so post lots of pictures so I can live vicariously. ;)