Monday, April 19, 2010

Feeding the Addiction

Is this really an addiction??? I mean these are the only english saddles I have (minus my racing saddle, and my pebbles saddles..and maybe a few more that were in the other tack box).....Oh Jen and Shannon you are just silly!
Be that as it may....I have no intention on entering any type of program, Tiger Woods can have those all to himself! I prefer to keep feeding the habit. If anyone has any Jen Buxton, Shannon Granger, or Kathy Wiggins goodies they want to part with I will always be happy to take the goods in trade!

But I wanted to give a preview of the next remaking victim, Jen's Scarlet that she WILL have for her May show, along with some other new ponies



And speaking of feeding the habit! I got a box on Friday with this amazing plantation saddle, or Bayoona (spelling?). Here is the set up with Kathy's boyfriend (well I mean come on, who wouldn't want a man on a horse with a jug full of shine?) complete with gator (okay bullfrog) skin suspenders, boots, and hatband. Kathy made this amazing set..at the upcoming show I will get some pictures of just the saddle. The stitching on the seat is unreal! Complete with posable bullwhip. Here he is driving the Spanish Colonial cattle in front of him. Down south in the swampy pastures driving the cattle was the only effective way to move them about. Just look at that swampgrass! (otherwise known as Illinois crabgrass)

Here is Katerina W, the Spanish Jennet (spanish colonial horse). I love this model! I have another Godiva that will get remade to a pinto version of a Jennet that eventually Kathy and I will show together, but for now just Katerina W. I am traveling out east this weekend for a performance show and she will be my main show horse.

The new spanish head, really these resin heads can make SUCH a different, and its easy to do!



Here is an angle showing him off with the momma cow and calf....



Slightly different angle




And the cows! Cracker cows (Spanish Colonial cattle) are so cool! They have all kinds of neat horns and come in so many colors. She is actually bridle, but with the intense sunlight its hard to see. This is a Herden heifer I remade with horns, more crest, and an full udder. The calf is just a breyer calf repaint. Having unique props can add so much to your entry!




This week the posts will be kinda short, gotta get ready for the upcoming show, I am so looking forward to a weekend away! But next week some more resin remaking and a Espirit custom!

I have been having trouble updating the sales page link, but to let you know the Matriarch is sold, thank you so much for all of the people that asked.



4 comments:

Braymere said...

That picture of Scarlett cracks me up every time I look at it! You know I'm going to want to post that on my blog, right?

(By the way, she's missing a harness, too!)

Tiffany Purdy said...

oh I know there is more, but the other tack box is buried!

Nikki said...

Of course it's an addiction, maybe I should make a support group for us plastic horse lovers... LOL!

Tiffany, I need some advice about the whithers of my CM that I'm doing from the Clock ASB and Salinero mold, you can reach me at nikkibyler@gmail.com Thanks!

D'Arry Jone Frank said...

SHOW OFF.