Friday, April 16, 2010

Training Barn, TGIF!

So to start off the day I would like to share a funny with you. I LOVE my teaching job, it is so much more rewarding than the chemist job I had before. BUT there are days I worry.....for example, we are learning about freshwater systems and cave formation. So I tell the kids (and Bfest travelers this goes for you too) if you ever get a chance to visit Mammoth Cave National Park in Kentucky that is an amazing site...
One of my darlings ask "So do Mammoth's live there still?"
Why yes, yes they do.......

So here is the Jennet, I sprayed over the pattern, then start to go back and paint in the centers of the spots, leaving a mapped edge. You can see how I changed the tail structure to better look like a horse with a Paso ancestory (no flagging tails!)

This is how she looked before, sorry for the picture being up twice!



and here is today's training barn member, Zips Caramel Creme. A matriarch with a lowered head and neck and new wind blown mane. She has done well in halter and performance for me.


Her off side, showing her extensive dapples




A view showing how she is designed to be a quiet, performance friendly mare.




Here she is winning a large trail class. I plan to show her at NAN in halter, western, and other performance. So again, you can make time payments to be finished after NAN. I have her priced at $900 postage paid. She was made from a solid cast body, so she is not a light weight. This tack set here was made by another tack goddess Shannon Granger, who trust me, her story is coming soon!




Will be finishing up the Jennet this weekend, and her companion, a spanish colonial cow!
Keep tuned in for details, thanks so much for reading!





6 comments:

Urbangoatgirl said...

The Matriarch is stunning Tiffany. Love her softly ruffled loose mane and that drool-worthy paint job.
Keep on blogging gal - it's a good one!

Tiffany Purdy said...

Thank you! She is one that I will not be sad if she doesn't sell
I am so glad you all like it, will try to do more and more how to do its too!

Anonymous said...

You mean to tell me that my students aren't the only ones that ask those questions?

Go easy on me Tiff... I might just accidently forget to bring that parade set to Chicago.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I love what you did with that tail. I think that's what has been bugging me all along about this mold. Change mine too, please :). Of course, you won't see mine until a year from now with all those other projects of mine you're working on. Hee hee!

Tiffany Purdy said...

oh no, you just did not make a tack threat did you???? thats just cold.....
I really need to write a book just filled with comments from over the years. Man, that would be a big book!

Braymere said...

Love, love, LOVE the Matriarch's paint. Hmmm. I think you have an Alborozo there that might look good in that color...

Or should I forgo the subtle hints and start making tack threats of my own?

:)