Friday, April 9, 2010

Training Barn, NAN preview!

TGIF!!!!!!! as a school teacher I can't say that enough!


Here is the next edition of the Training Barn!
First up is a bit of a NAN preview for my auction piece. Last year, I remade a breyer FAM to a camel, yes thats right, a dromendary camel cow. All because Danielle wouldn't sell me her Herden camel! Just kidding, but Danielle has been such great inspiration for me over the years I have to give her a hard time! She really wouldn't sell me the camel....but because it was already sold. The Fliegender Feldman is named after her too. She is such a great person and friend and I am GREATLY saddened she had to leave us in the midwest, but good luck at school girl!
Anyway, I worry about Imafam staying in one piece since there was so much apoxy and foil involved, so I am making a mold. The NAN piece will be a resin Imafam complete with rider and camel tack, leading a snarky arab stallion. NOT this horse, and the horse will only have a halter presentation set, but thought everyone would like to see the inspiration for the NAN piece. More will follow later! Resin copies will NOT be for public sale except for the one in the NAN auction.
Below is what Imafam looked like in progress, and yes, I drink a LOT of diet coke! You can still see the breyer hooves in her feet from the underside. Last year at Breyerfest I offered a free paint job for anyone who could guess the model she was made from. Over a hundred guesses but no one got it!
This Huck Bey remake is the Bey Ali....Bey Ali is a great showhorse in halter, performance (costume) and workmanship. He is offered at $500. I try to price my models for the hours in them, and am trying to keep prices down. Some, like Mole Bait, were so much work and how shown so well I ask more, but I try to resist the ebay temptation for postings. Of course, getting $2000 for a custom would be awesome, wouldn't we all agree????


Here is another pic of him, this was taken outside at the last show. he has tons of NAN cards!


And Docs Diana, a very successful little western/other performance horse, and a winner at halter! She is offered at $450. She has a stack of cards to her credit as well, look for them both at NAN and Breyerfest!
See the other Training Barn post for the barn details, and keep the comments coming!




These next two are really fuzzy, my tripod got thrown away accidentally on Wednesday, I left it out at the end of the driveway where I take pictures, oops! The WBs pic was way too fuzzy to post, but here are two of the little stablemates that were featured in the customizing articles.
Thanks again for reading! I will post pictures of them all completed this weekend.
Mini show tomorrow, will NOT forget the camera!















3 comments:

Braymere said...

OMG--Best FAM custom EVER!!!

Danielle Feldman said...

Ahh, I miss you, too, Tiff! You know the real reason we moved was so I wouldn't have to face you in the performance ring, right?

The customs are gorgeous!

bonnie1735 said...

The SM Reiner is really looking great!!!! I worked on a new mane with aves scupt and used the denatured alcohol with a brush afterwards like you described and my mane turned out awsome!!! Can't wait for more!