Monday, April 26, 2010

Show Adventures!

This past weekend I had the AWESOME adventure of getting to fly out east to an all performance show. Now this was quite the challange, since I love to compete for overall championships, but with minimal space I only brought enough to get these last few horses qualified for NAN this year. But what was really special was getting to spend the weekend with my uber gal pal Liesl, and getting to go to U CONN! I am a huge sports nut, and this is one of my favorite pictures, Ray Allen's U Conn jersey in their basketball hall of fame. I won't bore you with the rest of them, but it was an incredible rush to walk around that great sports hall!


Here is Katerina W, NAN qualifying in western ranch work. I totally didn't think to take pictures on the table since I was having too much fun talking to everyone, go figure right?

This is not the side saddle she will be show in at NAN, but she looked amazing in it, such a great little performance model, this mold can do about anything.
And this turned out incredible! Jen did an fantastic job sizing the in hand set without having the actual horse. He won the other performance class and I can not wait to show this set up at NAN!



Little Narasabi won the big English Games class in all Braymere tack playing broom polo...it looked cooler on the show table with the footing and all! But hmmmmm, poor be note that the bridle is a little different color than the saddle...oh no what to do Jen? Can you make me suffer so????? LOL




And the ABSOLUTE best part of the weekend, other than spending time with a special friend, was we left the show early so we could enjoy the beautiful weather and go for a trial ride by the CT river. This is me on Liesl's draft cross mare Lilly. It was Lilly's first trail ride and she was super, took the lead and went where ever I asked. Even riding in one of these goofy western thingy saddle (okay I am a prissy dressage rider, what can I say) it was heaven on earth! Lilly is a good size mare too, I am 5'9", and we fit well together.



So the moral of the story, if you can get a chance to go somewhere TOTALLY new and show, its a great test of your showing ability and you get to meet wonderful new people!
Tomorrow lets hack up and Esprit!




1 comment:

horsienut said...

Tiffany, it was great seeing you again and hope you had fun in Region 10. I got some pics of your setups, you're welcome to any of them:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20196&id=100000205134037&l=ee63286460

It would be a shame to waste those Region 10 cards by *not* coming to Regionals (hint hint) LOL