Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Ready For a Show

I happen to be really lucky and have many local live shows, but sometimes I end up flying to a show. This presents a HUGE problem for me. In case you haven't caught on, I have just a few pieces of tack, and when flying space is an issue, so I have to pick and pack JUST what I need. This is nearly impossible for me since I like to bring everything with! So I get each piece out what I think I will use, and try it on the horse to make sure it fits ahead of time. Normally if it doesn't, no biggie, just grab another out of the box...oh if only I could take it all with!
So this first saddle is my "Hidalgo" saddle made by Kathy. The details on this set are unreal, right down to the laced canteen



Mom wait, take my picture too!!!! What can I say, she get it from her father! giggle

This is Narasabi, my Nahar remade to a mare with a Khemo head. Not a flashy halter horse, I wanted a performance arab. As a shower of real arabs, I just love how often you see a little kid riding around on a full sized horse that willingly goes through anything. There are high strung arabs for sure, my the performance bred ones and really fantastic horses and truly love children. Kathy made me this saddle just for her since she has a short back. Shannon made the bridle.


The doll I already had, and all I did was describe it to Kathy, and she finds this saddle pad that matches perfectly. I have decided that Kathy's stash and packratting ability far exceeds my own, which is downright scary. I really need to set up an inside studio picture place, I did buy a backdrop, should be here next week.


Look I made some tack! This historical high school set is designed for the piebald alborozo in the courbette (the same one Jen made the in hand set for). I do NOT like making tack, but suffered through this..ouch ouch








Wow these are all dark! Sorry for this, will take better pictures at the show of these tack pieces, they really are amazing!












And yes, its true, I have a few things that are pink, just a few here and there
cough cough
So I have it all packed, now it just has to fit in the trunk. Thankfully Liesl is letting me use a lot of her props, otherwise I would never make it. This is the first time I have flown to a performance show, other than NAN last year, so a bit nervous I have forgotten something. Won't be back on line till the weekend, am going to try and post from the airport with my laptop, should be interesting to say the least. Next week, the remaking of Esprit, no more icky shoulders and the difference between a spanish walk and a spanish trot!














3 comments:

Sian said...

A Hidalgo saddle! What a great idea! I love your Nahar...wow!

Anonymous said...

That arab kids horse custom came out amazing!

Tiffany Purdy said...

Thanks! I like Narasabi too, her withers came out a little high for a halter horse, and she isn't snarky enough to be a halter horse either, but for performance she is a lot of fun!