Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Purdy Picture Day

True story....
So after I got married I went to the bank to change my name...this young guy is waiting on me
me "I need a change of name form for marriage"
him "okay, so whats your new name?"
me "Its Purdy"
him "well I am sure it is darling, but what is your new name?"
oh well, with a name like Purdy what can you expect? The kids call my husband and I (he is also a science teacher) the Nerdy Purdys. If the shoe fits what can you do?

so how bout some Purdy Pictures!

One of these things is not like the other..........can you tell which? What can I say, at the Purdy Farm, we are all purdy friendly, regardless of what you look like!
Emma, the cow, is going to calve in a month. I have foaled out many a horse, but this will be my first bovine. The other two are arabian crosses, the palomino is also a morab, the little chestnut is a quarab.


Okay this is from a year ago, but Payton just loves her kitties! These two kittens were dropped off in a box one day, they have both grown into wonderful pets. The light grey is Payton's "best friend", well thats what Payton says every day!
And just wanted to show what all can be done with those resin heads, below is the same iberian head that was featured on the Jennet model yesterday, here it is on an ISH body as an azteca!
Kathy made this amazing parade set. I only got to show it, believe it or not I had to mail it back!!!!!!! and yes, I was twitching and foaming at the mouth when I did it. I do NOT like ever parting with beautiful tack, even when I know its on loan! This set top tenned at NAN in 2008.


Here is the endurance set people commented on. This set has won TWO national championships for me on two different horses! Here it is on Molly, a customized breyer Flash.


And here is another shot....packing for the show this weekend, will get a couple new pictures of the historical set I actually made myself...shocking, I know!







5 comments:

Urbangoatgirl said...

When the heck do you sleep gal??? I can't believe you get so much accomplished with a full time job, a family, a farm, a hobby that you are obviously passionate about...put me to shame gal!

Sian said...

Amen!

Tiffany Purdy said...

to be honest I sleep about 5-6 hours at most...but I don't do it alone. My husband does a lot of the farm chores and is great with the kids. I am actually selling most of my real horses this year, I just don't ride that much anymore....anyone want some part arabs??? free!
so I can't brag, I don't do it alone!

Anonymous said...

Free? Free? Is a horse ever free?

Beth F Brownell said...

Tiffany, you just blow me away with your talent and your energy levels.