Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Losing my head!

Technical Difficulties: &&^%%$*!!!!!
I still have not gotten a tripod, so many of my pics planned for today were very blurry, GRRRRR I am going to get one after school, pinky promise!
But here is another head swap...this is a Memphis Belle with the Lucas warmblood head. Now this model I did NOT use the ears. Instead I drilled a hole and inserted pieces of metal sheet that I sculpted the ears over. I did this a while ago so I didn't think to take pictures, but I will do a demo on this soon. Ears can be a tricky thing, sometimes its best to just start over. The extra head is how I swap plastic heads. First I cut the head off, fill with foil and apoxy, then stick two sculpture wires into it. Once its dry, it give me a stable head that I can adjust the position and length of the neck with. Make sure to use two wires though, otherwise building up the neck is way too difficult....will do one of these for you too! Sorry its so fuzzy, will take a better one tonight, WITH A TRIPOD


Here is the Godiva. Now these are the Lucas ears...BUT to put them on, I drill a small hole into the ear then into the ear hole in the skull and but a piece of wire to pin them together. Again, poor focus!
Swapping heads is a GREAT way to make a really cool remake without having to do major resculpting...Below is "Kiss My Purdy Azz" (for the record, I did NOT name him, blame Linda!)
He is a multi multi live show winner and was National Champion CM longear in 2008


Man this pic is way too small, but this is the Miz Charisma/godiva cross that was featured yesterday...Charismatic Gentleman


And here is a resin with a new look, a CM ravenhill revisted. Stacy herself kept him for her collection! Now my unpainted I got in exchange for this guy is spoken for (another tack goddess sacrifical victim), BUT I just found out that I will be getting another one....any ideas????



And for the record Stinky....you know who you are ;) I am a SCIENCE teacher, not EANGLISH so forgive my grammer! giggle



4 comments:

Sian said...

Cool ideas! I'm not a customizer but you make it sound so tempting... :-)

Tiffany Purdy said...

it really is fun to try! I should dig through my boxes and do a picture of remaking gone wrong just so everyone can see how sometimes it doesn't work out great, but try and try again!

bonnie1735 said...

I never thought of using wire for the ears!!! That would even make it easier to twitch ears. I would love to see your customs gone wrong pictures! Thank you again for this!!!

DeeAnn said...

Lovin' your blog Tiffany. So much fun to see your work, and all that goes into it.

Keep up the great job and the blog, it's a real treat!