Monday, July 9, 2012

Breyerfest 2012 Preview

Finally! Back on line with this years Breyerfest showstring! I have been totally slacking on the blog, as is evident by the fact I had to figure out the new format, so hopefully this works. I will be posting the new pieces a few at a time this week, I have quite a bit done for this year and hopefully a little something for everyone! First up is a Lonesome Glory remade into a metallic sooty buckskin Nez Perce mare, and she is neighing for added expression. I call her "War Cry"





 This was a fun piece to do, I wanted her to be full of expression
 I think she will be fun in performance too, can you imagine her in Indian Costume?
 Next is "Cody", a cute performance minded Quarter Pony gelding in bay roan
 The ultimate youth performance pony!
 This is also a Lonesome Glory, but with a PAM head! "Marana" is designed to be a superior arabian performance horse
 Those flea bites took forever!
 And some minis, this time I remade them into something that was different, like this guy, now a dappled palomino Lusitano stallion with bullfighting braids and ribbons in traditional colors.

If you like these guys, there are more to come, and you have to come get them in the Artisan Hall starting Thursday! They can't go with you until after the Breyer show on Friday, but they will all be for sale. Email for details, and stay tuned for more tomorrow and every day this week!

3 comments:

Ashley Witt said...

YAY I can't wait to see these guys in person mostly War Cry I'm hoping she's in my price range and I love the Arab amzing work!!!

Trails End Studio said...

Ok just wondering how you came up with the name for the Arabian " Marana " .

Tiffany Purdy said...

"Marana" was a one of the first arabian mares to be imported to Germany by King Wilhelm I and is still considered the oldest desert bred mare line in Germany. Her official name was Marana I. His stud later developed into what is called Marbach today in southern Germany, one of the most beautiful stud farms I have ever seen in my life. Thats where the famous flaxen chestnut Norikers of the Black Forest are bred as well.