Friday, May 14, 2010

Blonds have more fun!

After seeing Jen's post about her hopefully new morab mare, I thought I would try and get some pictures of my real horses for a change. Now its rained the past 6 days here, with over 6 inches of rain and the horses were going crazy locked up. So it finally stopped raining yesterday, it was still cloudy so the light isn't the best, but here are my babies. My friends laugh that I am a collector, which is true, I love color genetics! And I am really biased towards the golden end of the rainbow, and it all started with Jericho's Royal Secret, aka Sassy, aka B^%%$. She is trained through second level, has done some beginning level eventing, and at almost 15.2 is a pretty big morab. Her arabian side goes back to Raffles, her morgan mom is an Upwey Ben Don bred mare. Look familar Jen?

No this isn't the same horse! This is Gypsy, Sassy's sister, scary isn't it? But they are half siblings, Gypsy is 50/50 arab/morgan, where are Sassy is 75% morgan, 25% arabian
This is Sassy's colt from last year by my purebred arabian stallion Khemos Desperate Echo


Whats this????? Well the darker one is Ambriel, my half friesian classic champagne mare (she is just two)



And this is a real prize! "Pig Pen" was born in a puddle weeks early and almost drowned! His mother is one of the very rare true headed roan ASBs out there, Winter Mist. His sire is my arabian stallion, so according to the NSH registry he is the only true headed roan they have on record! His color is so cool! His mom was much darker throughout, more chestnut hairs than white on the body, but he is just the extreme true headed roan I wanted! He will be staying here forever!




What that white thing????? Well that is Amberfields Luminesence, my cremello registered Morgan stallion. Someday when he is clean (which is a challange because he is a PIG!) I will do a whole post on him. Not quite three and stands just over 15.3 hands, and he really looks all morgan too! The liver chestnut is my purebred arabian mare, who is in foal to him for this fall




oh and ya, this scarlet thing....giggle
bad light so you can't see all the shading well, but Jen, what markings should she have????? I need to finish her up this weekend for you! It was so windy bout had a heart attack getting this one picture, But hey, there is the really bright thing in the sky today, not sure what it is but think it will let me get better pictures this weekend









5 comments:

Braymere said...

OK, I may be just a *little bit* biased, but I think that's already the loveliest Scarlett ever!!! The real horses aren't half bad either. I've suddenly come down with a thing for palomino Morabs... :)

horsienut said...

You have beautiful horses - thanks for sharing!

Tiffany Purdy said...

Thank you! I love my babies, whats fun is everyone stops and feeds them, they are soooo spoiled! Will warn you Jen, the morab personality is a handful, just so smart, but they will work their hearts out for people they like.

Nikki said...

I once new a woman that owned a purebred ASB that was a true dark headed roan, the horses name is Sadie Sing The Blues, they live in Buffalo, MN. So you're not the only one! ;-)

Tiffany Purdy said...

No Misty is not the only roan ASB,never said that, the color comes from her dam line and there are at last count 10 in the registry plus some roan pintos. So far, none of them have a NSH foal registered (half arab, half ASB) the ones that are out there are rabicano or sabino roans. But if anyone sees a NSH true headed roan let me know, not everyone registers them as NSH, some just as half arabs